1. First and foremost, it is JUST a networking site. Don’t let it become such a big part of your social identity.
2. People on the timeline are not ‘judging’ you. If they are then they have whole lot of idle time at dispense. They should be IGNORED. They know ONLY how much you want them to know about you and vice-versa. They are NOT going to affect your real life circumstances. So don’t pay attention to trolls.
3. If you are bored of timeline:
a. Follow new people.
b. Unfollow people you find annoying. Don’t think the person will get offended. If you are that worried then mute them via several options like Echofon, Twittelator, Proxlet et al.
4. There’s nothing as helpful as cutting down on your tweets per day. Try to find a new activity. Perhaps read that ignored book.
5. If you feel you are a hardcore addict:
a. Delete twitter clients from phone/laptops/tablets
b. Do not mention ‘I am quitting/I am deleting’. Just take a break. Tweeting that you gonna quit twitter makes you an attention-seeker.
6. If you are still keen to delete (not just threatening for self-importance):
a. DM your close buddies and leave a forwarding email address or gtalk id.
7. RTing tweets of Orks is so 2010. Block the idiot and report for spam.
8. Yes we know you changed your handle/DP or you just posted a brilliant blog post. Do not mass tweet handles for a comment on blog. Again, use DMs. They work perfectly as they imply a personal request rather than a lame mass GM/GE/Chai type blog plug.
9. Avoid showing your vulnerable side by tweeting way too personal information. If something is bothering you, discuss it with someone via DMs. Few people here are genuinely helpful and kind.
10. Agree to disagree. Respect others’ opinions. Public timeline fights are cheap thrills for public with an occasional lame ‘shant gadadhaari bheem’.
Now a personal request, stop using those swear words. No, it doesn’t makes you sound cooler. No, not even the lame hashtag #Aap!@#$Hai
In the end it is the idea and intent of the tweet that matters not the grammar or spelling mistake. Don’t think you are Smarty Pants with #GG
Related Post by the author : Celeb Bashing - Latest Twitter Trend